Marketplace updates, XStreet features turned off
A few days ago I posted a list of what is wrong with LL’s new Marketplace complaining primarily about LL’s push to add features that would cost the merchants over features that would actually be useful. It seems LL has pushed out a new update with some new features, so lets revisit that list (the scored out items are the updates).
- A listing of items sold and who to.
- The ability to re-deliver items if the original delivery fails.
- Feedback / rating system.
- Traffic reporting.
- Listing templates.
- The ability to change the object associated with a listing (useful if you put version numbers in the name for your products)
- Mass activation/deactivation of items.
- An interface that doesn’t reset to defaults whenever it likes (for example, in your Manage Inventory screen, click the link to show only listed items, click the link to unlist one of the items and the table returns to the default of showing all inventory)
- The ability to sort the inventory table
- Search Inventory function that can search on partial words, not just full word. (for example, searching for Bun in my inventory returns no hits, Bunker returns all my Bunker Assault ranges)
So it’s an improvement at least. But here the big problem, hidden away in a sub-sub-sub bullet point
Ratings and Reviews feature for XstreetSL will be turned off, meaning that no new Ratings or Reviews can be added to the site.
Yup, LL have decided to start neutering XStreet SL in preference to their half-finished, feature-light Marketplace. Some times you have to wonder who comes up with these ideas.