Firing Ranges on the “NEW” marketplace..
You may have noticed that LL are pushing their new, still in beta, marketplace at the top of the welcome page to XStreet SL. A few people have asked me why they can’t find my firing ranges in the new marketplace. The simple answer is, because they aren’t there.
The new marketplace simply doesn’t yet have the features necessary to make it useful, I’ll list these after the break, but I’d describe the current state of the marketplace as in-development or Alpha at best, there is no way it can be described as beta.
Whats worse is that LL appears to be concentrating on features that the can charge merchants for rather than features that are actually useful, as shown by their recent announcement of if chargeable feature placement on the checkout and cart pages.
In the mean time, you can still find TalTECH firing ranges on the original XStreet SL marketplace.
Features the “NEW” Marketplace needs before it’s actually useful, in no particular order.
- A listing of items sold and who to.
- The ability to re-deliver items if the original delivery fails.
- Feedback / rating system.
- Traffic reporting.
- Listing templates.
- The ability to change the object associated with a listing (useful if you put version numbers in the name for your products)
- Mass activation/deactivation of items.
- An interface that doesn’t reset to defaults whenever it likes (for example, in your Manage Inventory screen, click the link to show only listed items, click the link to unlist one of the items and the table returns to the default of showing all inventory)
- The ability to sort the inventory table
- Search Inventory function that can search on partial words, not just full word. (for example, searching for Bun in my inventory returns no hits, Bunker returns all my Bunker Assault ranges)